Friday, August 26, 2016

Items of Want 039

Shinola Smokey The Bear Watch


This Shinola x Filson collaboration watch has a simple and understated look that makes it an instant classic in my opinion. It also ships with a ton of awesome extras. In honor of the National Park Service's 100th birthday, I feel like they should issue one of these to a Park Ranger at each National Park.

Note: If Smokey Bear isn't your style, let me recommend the Shinola Rambler 600. Completely different look but still awesome.

Rambler Notebook


“Keep a notebook. Travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it. Slap into it every stray thought that flutters up into your brain. Cheap paper is less perishable than gray matter, and lead pencil markings endure longer than memory.” - Jack London

I carry Field Notes on my person at all times but in my everyday carry bag, I pack something a little larger. Currently I'm working through the Shinola Large Paper Journal (in orange) but I hope to replace it with this Public Supply notebook when it's time.

Roots Field Toque


This cap is for those times you when need to go full "Steve Zissou" or more recently, full "Chris Hadfield." To be honest, I think this red toque speaks for itself.

Taylor Stitch Map Handkerchief


I live by two rules. 1. You can never have too many hankies. 2. Never get lost.

Ok, that's not 100% true but now that I've seen this handkerchief, maybe I should make those my two rules...

INCH x INCH 15.009 DKNG MEMBER PACK


If these buttons aren't cool, I don't know what is. I'm not even sure what I'd put them on but trust me, I'd find a place.

— Check out past Items of Want

No comments: